The Operations Administrative Assistant reports to the General Manager. The incumbent is to interact with Employees, HR, EQH&S, Accounting, Operations, and other departments, as necessary. Some of the challenging aspects of this position are scheduling delivery appointments each day with various freight companies, making sure the INB number is in the system or created when the appointment is made, Sending BOL’s and ensuring that the best rate possible is met, Keeping Customer happy and responding in a timely manner. The OAA must effectively communicate appointment dates/times via the Dock Schedule and correctly manage the incoming deliveries for both Austin and Houston warehouses. Furthermore, the OAA must communicate with the operations team/customer service team to insure the correct INB and customer is used. The OAA must understand how to correctly use Razor, the dock schedule in Report Manager and the SOW system. The OAA will also assist in daily facility administrative functions, such as training, safety, monthly inspections, compliance, HR, etc.
- Greet all visitors, accept deliveries, distribute mail
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized; correspondence are controlled; filing systems are designed; supply requisitions are reviewed and approved; and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval, and staff transfers.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office systems.
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed.
- Responsible providing orientation and training to new employees.
- Manage and update departmental calendars as needed or requested
- Set up meetings and appointments for various departments as needed or requested
- Basic accounting functions to include collecting payments, making deposits, petty cash, credit card receipt collection
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events, including employee luncheons
- Evaluate and correct hourly employee time as needed and required by DOL & TWC (Department of Labor & Texas Workforce Commission)
- Maintain daily housekeeping
- Assist other departments as needed or requested
- Attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position
- Attention to detail, prompt responses, concise reporting
- Additional hours required for travel and events
- Ability to travel when necessary
- High degree of interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with differ sets of people both internally and externally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Other duties as required
- Associates degree in Business or related fields, highly preferred
- High School diploma, required
- 3-5 years’ Experience in coordinating and scheduling freight (preferred)
- Ability to professionally communicate at all levels of the organization, verbally and written
- Ability to analyze, define, and problem solve and to remain organized while multi-tasking
- Strong phone and e-mail skills are required
- Strong computer/systems experience including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with customer management software a plus
- Familiar with OSHA standards and regulations
- Familiar with ISO standards and regulations
- Strong Skills for applying computers, reasoning analytically, managing projects, performing research, and managing records.
- Experience of four or more years working in a business setting.
- Strong administrative skills, with proficiency working with personal computer applications, such as MS Office program, data management, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing applications.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential, plan and execute diverse tasks at the same time without supervision.
- Possess brilliant human relationship skills, in addition to being able to communicate orally and in writing.
- Have good time management skills
Employees Supervised: None.
Contacts: Customers, Vendors and Employees
Attendance: In order to effectively fulfill job responsibilities and service to customers, employees are expected to maintain an acceptable attendance record.
Work is performed in an office setting within non-climate controlled warehouse with extended hours sitting and working on a PC.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Working in non-climate-controlled warehouse
- Standing and bending
Travel Required (%): 10%
- MS Office Software
- Material bins
- Pallet jack
- Various hand tools